JOB IDENTIFICATION: Geological Technician, Bralorne Gold Mine
Bralorne Gold Mines Ltd. is seeking to fill one or more contract positions for Geological Technicians at its Bralorne mine project. The project consists of a mine and mill complex with active drill exploration and underground development. It is located in Southwestern BC within about 5 hours drive from Vancouver and Kamloops. The Company currently employs approximately 25 people at the site. The camp includes a trailer bunkhouse and staffed dining kitchen for workers that do not live in the immediate area.
Under the Supervision of the Mine Manager, with technical support and guidance from the Mine Geologists, the Geological Technician will carry out all work required to support a diamond drilling program at the Bralorne Gold Mine. The role will involve drill core handling, processing and data collection with other duties as required.
This is a limited-term CONTRACT POSITION and will be based at Bralorne BC or on a rotation agreeable to the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to a geologist, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lifting and storing core boxes, weighing in excess of 50 lbs
- Labeling, geotechnical analysis and sampling of core, as well operating a core saw
- Adhere to workplace safety and environmental standards
- Communicates effectively with geologists and other supervisory personnel as required
- Performs other duties that may be required
- Good physical condition
- Previous experience as a geotechnician would be an asset but not required. Training will be provided.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail. Must be neat and well organized.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
All enquiries will be held in strict confidence. Applicants whose qualifications and experience meet the requirements of this job opportunity will be contacted directly.
Resume’s can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 250-238-2334 ATTN: GEOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN