Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. was established in 1968, and was one of the first foreign-owned junior mining companies to enter Mexico following the revolution that took place between 1910 - 1920.
Avino is one of the industry's lowest cost silver producers and recently resumed production at its primary property in the Durango region of North Central Mexico.
The Avino mine operated under partnership for 27 years, and during that time produced 16M oz of silver, 96,000 oz of gold and 24Mlb of copper from both open pit and underground mining. Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd. subsequently acquired full control of the mine in 2006 and then identified and continued to explore high potential areas of the property.
The San Gonzalo mine was explored and developed, and the plan to begin full time production was announced. The Company then re-habilitated and upgraded the plant and facilities to prepare for ongoing mining operations.
Avino is now in its forty-ninth year and the following is a timeline of significant highlights:
- Began trading on the NYSE MKT 2012
- A new agreement to mine the main Avino vein (Et zone) was signed
- Published a Preliminary Economic Assessment on the tailings resource at the Avino mine
- Commenced commercial production at the San Gonzalo Mine in October
- Reported positive EPS in the first year of production 2014
- Commissioned Mill Circuit #2 to process above ground surface stockpiles left from past mining of the Avino Vein in April
- Raised $10.7 million through two financings in Q1
- Completed de-watering of the Avino Mine in Q2
- Plan of Arrangement to acquire Bralorne Gold Mines Ltd. completed in October
- Commissioned Mill Circuit #3 @1,000 tpd in November
- Resumed mining operations at the Avino Mine in Q3 2015
- Signed term-facility agreement with Samsung for the sale of Avino Mine Concentrate 2016
- Commenced commercial production at the Avino Mine in April
We have a team that consists of successful mine-builders, geologists and financiers. Collectively we have over 200 years of industry experience. We have built long-standing, valuable relationships in Mexico, and these connections greatly assist our continuing development in a land of exceptional mining opportunity.